Shehab Ahmed, Phd.
Dr. Ahmed, the director of the SEEC Lab, joined the Electrical Engineering program at TAMUQ in July 2007 as an Assistant Professor. He was promoted to the Associate Professor rank in July 2013 and is currently teaching courses and conducting research with an emphasis on power conversion, system design and mechatronics.
Prior to joining TAMUQ, Dr. Ahmed held the position of senior electrical engineer at Schlumberger Technology Corporation in Sugar Land, TX where he was part of an engineering team that commercialized the Schlumberger cased hole logging tractor, and supported the development of other tractors, rotary steerable tools, formation evaluation tools, and energy storage systems for downhole applications.
He has a record of successful industry collaborations and has authored or co-authored refereed journal and conference publications as well as holds patents and disclosures in his areas of interest.
Current Team Members
Dr. Ayman Abdel-Khalik, Dr. Ahmed Elserougi, Ghada El-Sheikh
Past Team Members
(Name, Final degree, Degree Year, Current Position)
- AlHasan A. Al Samari, BSc, 2009, Electrical Engineer at Dolphin Energy-Qatar.
- Ahmed Ashaibi, Phd, 2009, Electricity Networks Manager at Libya Power.
- Ahmed Massoud, Phd, 2009, Assistant Professor at Qatar University.
- Nicholas Denniston, MSc, 2010, Senior Electrical Engineer at Northrop Grumman.
- Ahmed Abdel Salam, Phd, 2010, Assistant Professor at the Arab Academy for Science and Technology.
- Jeehoon Jung, Phd, 2010, Senior Research Scientist at Korean Power Electronics Research Institute.
- Mohamed El Jammal, BSc, Teaching Lab Coordinator at Texas A&M University at Qatar
- Omar Abdelzaher, MSc, Design Engineer at Halliburton
- Bahaa Hafez, Phd, 2015, Development Engineer at Mercedes
- Ahmed Darwish, Phd, 2015, Postdoctoral Fellow at University of Strathclyde